- Our research aims to improve the life-long health of pregnant and postpartum women and their children.
- Please fill out this form to request more information:
- In support of this goal, we are currently recruiting participants for a number of studies:
- 1) A study examining the impact of walking on blood sugar control in women with gestational diabetes mellitus or type 2 diabetes,
- 2) A study examining the impact of exercise in women with multiple sclerosis,
- 3) A study examining the impact of poor sleep on pregnancy health,
- 4) A study examining the impact of an acute bout of heavy weightlifting on fetal heart rate and blood flow,
- 5) A study examining the impact of an acute bout of yoga on fetal heart rate and blood flow,
- 6) A study examining cardiovascular adaptations to twin pregnancy, and
- 7) A study examining the impact of pregnancy on blood pressure control, and
- For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITING GRADUATE STUDENTS
Dr. Davenport is currently seeking highly motivated M.Sc. and Ph.D. students
Students interested in pursuing graduate studies in the PPPH are encouraged
to contact Dr. Davenport at the start of their final year of study.
For mor information about graduate studies in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at the University of Alberta, please visit:
Master of Science
Prospective trainees should be competitive to receive external funding
(e.g., scholarships, fellowships, etc.) and will be strongly encouraged
to apply to appropriate funding bodies both before and during their
graduate studies. In some cases students may also be eligible for internal
funding opportunities, such as entrance scholarships and fellowships.